Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project

Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project

Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project
The vehicle is located at SP3 4RU. It will need to be taken away by trailer.

Unfortunately in Jan this year I hydro-locked the engine by driving through a puddle that was far deeper than I thought it was. I have started to repair the vehicle, but due to other commitments(young family and new job) and a lack of funds I have made the decision to sell the vehicle on as a project. The engine is dead, I have removed it and put it on a pallet.

I believe that it has a bent con rod, but it still runs. I had the engine reconditioned in 2014 including all the injection system. The engine is included in the sale. For collection it can stay on the pallet or be put into the back of the vehicle. The vehicle is currently SORN and doesn't have an MOT.

It will need some work to get it back on the road. But it isn't a total rebuild job. I replaced this with a 200Tdi.

The original 6Cyl petrol mounts have been removed and new 200Tdi mounts fabricated on to the chassis. The vehicle currently has a hard top on, I still have the truck cab and will include this in the sale. I have 2 spares on rims that will come with the vehicle. In 2014 I rebuilt the vehicle.

Replaced the bulkhead and front radiator panels with a galvanized ones. Replaced the wiring loom with a new old stock military one. Converted to work in this. Reconditioned the brakes with new cylinders and drums. Took the chassis back to metal and repainted it.

Replaced all the rear tub supports. Replaced all the wheel bearings. Replaced the swivel king pins. Painted the vehicle with coach enamel.

The front dumb iron has a 10p sized hole in it caused by rot. The veh has sat since Jan. Have a replacement that will come with it. Tyres are starting to crack. Have 4 replacements and inner tubes that are worn but have recently passed an MOT on another vehicle.

These will come with it. The fuel tank leaks from the sender when filled to the brim. The rear Cat Flap is missing.

The passenger seat is ripped. The item "Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project" is in sale since Monday, April 8, 2019. This item is in the category "Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles\Classic Cars\Land Rover". The seller is "thomaswaite1987" and is located in Salisbury.

This item can be shipped to United Kingdom, United States, Australia.
Land Rover Series 3, 109, 6 Cyl to 200Tdi conversion Project


Homepage  Sitemap  Contact  Privacy Policy Agreement  Terms of service